Some Info about me

My name is Adrienne Breech, and i am 23 years old. I am a double major at the University of South Alabama. I am a Secondary Education/Science major. My love for teaching is the reason why i chose this profession. I also have a great passion for science. I always wanted to know how things worked and where it came from. I think i would want a sixth or seventh grade biology class because i feel they will be at the age where they really want to learn. I look forward to being a teacher

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Understanding

As a teacher in schools today you have to understand the cultures and diversity of your classroom. As a teacher I plan to incorporate diversity into my lesson. I don't want a student to feel left out because I can't relate to them. I want to have an understanding of every student and their ethnic backgrounds because as a minority and being bi-racial I had to deal with teachers who really couldn't relate to me. I don't want to become that teacher that can't understand where my students are coming from. As a teacher I want my students to feel comfortable with me to talk about personal things such as their culture and divers ethnic backgrounds. I open this personal strive with open arms. I am so excited to be a teacher where I can help my students understand them selves as well as their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment